Our friends over at MI6 Confidential sent us an email the other day to let us know about the release of a new magazine – their 11th issue – that features rare, gritty black and white pictures from the set of From Russia With Love.
Here’s the details they sent to us:
It frequently tops fan polls, is cited as the best Ian Fleming film adaptation, and named his favourite by Sean Connery, but it is often forgotten that “From Russia With Love” was one of the most troubled productions in the 007 series. This issue showcases rarely seen photographs from the set and charts how director Terence Young managed to hold it all together through near- misses, accidents, cancelled locations and delays.
Keeping with the ‘Bond On Set’ theme, we also go behind the scenes of the ice palace car chase and hovercraft stunts from “Die Another Day” with all-access photographs and firsthand accounts from those who made it possible. Rounding out Issue #11 of MI6 Confidential – the James Bond magazine – is an exclusive interview with thriller writer Jeffery Deaver as he declassifies the secrets behind the ‘Carte Blanche’ continuation novel.
- Bond On Set – Rare images from the set and an exhaustive account of the “From Russia With Love” production history
- Jeffery Deaver explains his successful ‘Carte Blanche’ recipe in an exclusive interview
- On Thin Ice – Behind the scenes of “Die Another Day” with stunt driver George Cottle
- GoldenEye 007 Reloaded – An exclusive interview with the producer of this year’s Bond game for Xbox 360 and PS3
- Dr. No Showcase – Breathing new life into the classic 1963 comic
- Composing Blood Stone – Richard Jacques talks one on one about creating the Bond sound
- The Bond Connection – Rowan Atkinson and director Oliver Parker talk Johnny English Reborn
- The Last Word – Richard Kiel recalls his three run-ins with James Bond
Issue #11 is now shipping around the world. To order online, visit www.mi6confidential.com
About Skyfall – James Bond 23 (2012)
The new Bond movie will star Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Berenice Marlohe, Albert Finney and Judi Dench, produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. The 007 screenplay will be written by regular James Bond scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, working with John Logan (Gladiator & The Last Samurai). Director of American Beauty and Road To Perdition, Sam Mendes will be directing the new James Bond movie. MGM and Sony Pictures Entertainment in a joint statement on 2nd June 2011 announced that “Bond 23″ will go on release in the UK on Friday, 26th October, 2012 and in the USA on 9th November 2012. The first major announcement from EON Productions and Sony Pictures came on 3rd November 2011 in London when the principle cast was announced, along with a rough plot line. In Skyfall, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.