Bond will be back in our homes sooner than one might have thought with the Skyfall DVD release recently brought forward from March to February 2013.
And unlike previous DVD releases in the Craig era, it seems that Bond fans will not be disappointed with respect to the Special Features, bonuses and extras that come with the film.
A preliminary Behind The Scenes feature list has been released:
- Intro – 2:21
- Opening Sequence – The Death of Bond 4:15
- Title Sequence – Working The Titles 2:57
- 007 – The return of James Bond 3:46
- Q- Back to Basics 1:54
- DB5 – Behind the wheel 1:33
- Women – The Good, The Bad and the Beautiful 4:22
- Villains – In The Shadows 7:00
- Locations – License To Travel 3:23
- Music – The Sound of Bond 3:38
- The End sequence – The Beginning of the End 13:57
- M – Changes 4:42
- The Future – New Beginnings 2:10
- Skyfall Premiere 5:00
- Soundtrack promotional spot 0:29
Directors and producers commentaries are also expected.
About Skyfall – James Bond 23 (2012)
The new Bond movie will star Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Berenice Marlohe, Albert Finney and Judi Dench, produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. The 007 screenplay will be written by regular James Bond scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, working with John Logan (Gladiator & The Last Samurai). Director of American Beauty and Road To Perdition, Sam Mendes will be directing the new James Bond movie. MGM and Sony Pictures Entertainment in a joint statement on 2nd June 2011 announced that “Bond 23″ will go on release in the UK on Friday, 26th October, 2012 and in the USA on 9th November 2012. The first major announcement from EON Productions and Sony Pictures came on 3rd November 2011 in London when the principle cast was announced, along with a rough plot line. In Skyfall, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.